Sunday, September 20, 2009

Korea - My last stop for this trip

Seoul was my last stop, and unexpectedly one of my favorites. I found the city and country to be inviting, beautiful and elegant. Since I enjoy woodwork, the temples and palaces were amazing. Food was great as well. I can't wait to go back and see more of Korea.

Awesome paper lanterns.

How many police does it take to guard the donuts? This intersection had hundreds of police in riot gear each day for reasons I do not know.

The cityscape from my window.


One of my favorite buildings - the sliced look.


Kimchi heaven.


How many varieties of dried shrimp are there?


Something that is common in so many countries, but not the USA - a vendor parked on the sidewalk selling fresh corn out of the back of his pickup.


One of the many vibrant outdoor markets in Seoul.


Big drums and colorful costumes at the changing of the guard at the palace.


More colorful pageantry.


Scooters at work delivering pizza. Some day I will travel the world just to put together a photo documentary of scooters.


So that is where all the silkworm larvae go - boiling pots of street food.


Another beautiful palace.


Amazing woodwork and painting.


Great doors. Another photo documentary - doors of the world.


A beautiful temple.


One of my favorite Buddhas.